Kids Yoga Teacher Training
Learn to teach yoga to kids of all ages. Help them build strength and flexibility, increase self awareness and cultivate focus. Through breathing and relaxation techniques we introduce children to the tools they need to deal with stress and anxiety.
This 95 hour, Yoga alliance teacher training is made up of 4 modules. All 4 modules are required for certification.
No prerequisite yoga training required.
- Why Kid’s Yoga?
- Identify benefits of yoga for children of all ages
- Learn Classroom techniques
- Anatomy of standing, balancing and partner asanas
- Pranayama for Children
- Guided imagery
- 8 limbs of ashtanga yoga
- Explore and Identify your own teaching style
- Seated, twisting and inverted asanas
- Learn sanskrit and kid oriented names of the asanas
- Identify age appropriate Sequencing and lesson plans
- Child development stages and specific teaching methods for each stage
- Discipline in the classroom. What works? What doesn’t?
- Teaching methods through asana play
- Games, activities, songs and chants
- Anatomy of Asanas and Pranayama
- Meditations for children and their benefits
- Observe and assist kid’s yoga classes
- Practice teaching yoga to kids
- Teaching ethics
- Yoga philosophy
- Communication between teacher and students/ parents
- Waivers and liability
- Classroom management techniques
- Volunteer teach kid’s yoga classes